Florida Birds Photo Tour
February 15-20, 2024
We’ll capture the AWESOME feeding frenzy of Osprey, various Terns and other birds diving for fish after fish. This is an ALL NEW Florida Birds photo tour & workshop started first in 2022, with ALL NEW locations and experiences. Participants will get EXCELLENT images. Travel with an area expert who knows exactly where to be to get the best photos.
During the Spring breeding and nesting season, many spectacular species concentrate on nest building, attracting members of the opposite sex, and feeding their young and thus they ignore people. This allows photographers to GET CLOSE – which is a great thing when it comes to photographing birds.
February 15, 2024
Arrive at the designated hotel in Sabastian, Florida anytime this afternoon or evening. We have a group meeting at 7pm to cover a meet and greet, tour logistics, etc. Those flying will want to fly into Orlando International Airport (airport code MCO), or Melbourne/Orlando International Airport (airport code MLB) arriving anytime before 5pm on the 15th. The hotel in Sabastian is about 90 minutes (83 miles) from the Orlando airport or 37 minutes (23 miles) from the Melbourne airport. Rental cars are available at either airport.
February 16- 18, 2024
Sunrise bird/wildlife photo shoot each day at locations chosen by your professional leader. We’ll get there via carpool and caravan with your leader, Don leading the way. Afterwards there is usually time for a meal, then a classroom get-together or a break to rest. In the afternoon each day, we’ll drive to another photo location chosen by Don. We’ll stay out as long as necessary to get the best bird and other wildlife photography. Overnight each night at the designated hotel in Sabastian, Florida.
February 18, 2024
After our morning shoot we’ll have time to get a lunch and then drive the 2 hours (114 miles) to Boynton Beach where our next hotel is located We’ll stay in Boynton Beach for the next 2 nights.
February 19, 2024
Morning and afternoon shoots at a location chosen by Don. Possible time during the middle of the day for a group image critique session.
February 20, 2024
Sunrise photo shoot at a location determined by Don. We’ll photograph until the light fades or gets harsh, then the tour ends. Ending time will be 10-11am this day. Those flying home from the Orlando airport or the Melbourne airport will want to book a return flight after 5pm or so. An alternative airport would be Fort Lauderdale, 55 minutes (44 miles) away.
- 5 nights accommodations.*
- In-depth photo instruction and leadership from a professional photographer and area expert.
- Guided sunrise and sunset photo sessions every day of the tour.
- 2 hour private group pontoon boat rental where we’ll photograph a primordial lake with tons of nesting ospreys.
- The advantage of traveling with a like-minded, small photo group who doesn’t mind waiting in order to get the best photos.
- True small group (maximum of 8) which facilitates even more learning and inspiration.
- Group and/or one-on-one image critique and photo sharing sessions.
- Classroom type discussions and learning sessions.
- Tons of fun!
- Flights (or ground travel) from your hometown to the Sabastian, Florida area.
- Ground transportation (we’ll carpool and caravan once everyone arrives at the first hotel).
- Travel insurance.
- Gifts and items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry etc.