Colorado Fall Color Photo Tour
October 4-9, 2023
Watch the inspirational trip video above (computers only)
The fall color in Colorado has to be experienced to be believed. Yellow aspen trees turn entire hillsides to gold. The deepest blue skies you can imagine compete for attention with jagged, snowcapped peaks. The colors, shapes and patterns are as awesome and as beautiful as nature gets. The mountains and natural areas we’ll visit are some of the most spectacular locations on Earth, and when you add in the amazing colors of autumn you won’t find a better place to be with a camera this fall.
This tour is based in Ouray, Colorado, in the heart of the San Juan Mountains and often called “the Switzerland of America.” Join me on this Colorado Fall Color Photo Tour, in my home state during the fleeting, but spectacular fall color season and prepare to be amazed. Capture sweeping scenery that you’ll be proud to print or add to your gallery.
October 4, 2023
Arrive at the designated hotel in Ouray, Colorado anytime this afternoon or evening. We have a group meeting at 6pm to cover a meet and greet, tour logistics, etc. Those flying will want to fly into Grand Junction Regional Airport (airport code GJT), arriving anytime before 4pm on the 1st. Our designated hotel is about 2 hours from the Grand Junction airport. Rental cars are available at the airport.
October 5-8, 2023
Sunrise fall color photo shoot each day at locations chosen by your professional leader. We’ll get there via carpool and caravan with your leader, Don leading the way. Afterwards there is usually time for a meal, then a classroom get-together or a break to rest. In the afternoon each day, we’ll drive to another photo location chosen by Don. We’ll stay out as long as necessary to get the best fall color or scenic photography. Overnight each night at the designated hotel in Ouray.
October 9, 2023
Sunrise photo shoot at a location determined by Don. We’ll photograph until the light fades or gets harsh, then the tour ends. Ending time will be 10-11am this day. Those flying home from GJT airport will want to book a return flight after 3pm or so.
- 5 nights accommodations.*
- In-depth photo instruction and leadership from a professional photographer and area expert.
- Guided sunrise and sunset photo sessions every day of the tour.
- The advantage of traveling with a like-minded, small photo group who doesn’t mind waiting in order to get the best photos.
- True small group (maximum of 8) which facilitates even more learning and inspiration.
- Group and/or one-on-one image critique and photo sharing sessions.
- Classroom type discussions and learning sessions.
- Tons of fun!
- Ground transportation (we’ll carpool and caravan once everyone arrives at the first hotel).
- Travel insurance.
- Gifts and items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry etc.