Costa Rica 2024 Photo Tour
March 1-11, 2024
March 1, 2024
Fly into Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) in San Jose, Costa Rica arriving sometime during late afternoon or early evening. Our driver will be waiting for you with a sign so you know who to go with for your transfer to the hotel. We meet at 6pm in the evening at the designated hotel in San Jose, Costa Rica.
March 2-3, 2024
Drive to our first lodge located in the Caribbean lowlands area. Access to amazing feeding platforms, jungle canoes, and a special ground-level blind for photographing the gorgeous King Vulture. Also a special offering of a night photography session with nectar bats in flight.
March 4-5, 2024
Drive to our second lodge located in the Cano Negro area. We’re after 6 species of Kingfishers here and we’ll likely photograph them all – perched, diving, with fish, etc. Amazing opportunities of these usually difficult birds. Plenty of other birds and unique wildlife as well.
March 6-7, 2024
Drive to our third lodge in the Sarapiqui area. Overnight at Sarapiqui each night. At least 2 wildlife photo sessions scheduled each day. Highlights include a special tropical frog photo session of treefrogs and poison dart frogs, handled by professional wildlife guides. We’ll also have access to special bird feeding platforms where the action of dozens of species is non-stop. Also included is a special photo day with a true jungle guide who will lead us to some nearly impossible-to-find species.
March 8-10, 2024
Transfer to the Tarcoles River area where we’ll photograph tons of water birds, huge crocodiles, Scarlet Macaws and so much more. In this area we’ll have private, guided boat tours to get us close to the wildlife action. We stay in a great eco-lodge very close to the river in order to maximize our chances to see and photograph all the animals. We’ll also have access to special feeders, a private jungle guide who’ll take us to look for owls and more.
March 11, 2024
A final breakfast together and then flights home today from San Jose to your hometown.
- 10 nights accommodations.*
- Airport pick-up and drop off.
- All ground transportation with professional driver throughout the tour.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) from dinner on March 1 to breakfast on March 11th.
- Entry fees into all photography sites.
- Time with local guides and wildlife handlers/experts who will lead us to the best wildlife photo opportunities.
- Guided photo sessions including a King Vulture session, endemic frog session and numerous bird sessions.
- Group and/or one-on-one critique and photo sharing sessions.
- In-depth wildlife photo instruction and leadership from a professional photographer.
- Tons of fun and a true small group tour with a maximum of 6 participants.
*Accommodations/tour prices are based on double occupancy. For those not traveling as a couple or with a friend, the single supplement will apply.
- Air fare from your hometown to San Jose, Costa Rica and return (airport code SJO).
- Alcoholic or soda-based drinks.
- Tips to local guides and drivers.
- Optional extra photo sessions such as close-up with snakes, additional frog session, bat photo session, Manikin session, etc.
- Passport or visa fees (visas are not required for citizens of USA or Canada).
- Travel insurance.
- Gifts and items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry etc.