Venice & The Dolomites Italy Photo Tour
September 21- October 1, 2023
The Dolomite Mountain Range of northern Italy is one of the most breathtaking photographic locations on the planet. Also known as the Italian Alps, the Dolomites are made up of seemingly endless craggy mountains and completely photogenic traditional villages nestled below. The entire area of the Dolomites is a UNESCO world heritage site that boasts hundreds of peaks and at least 20 which soar to almost 10,000 feet. Add in a plethora of easily accessed mountain lakes which reflect the impressive mountains and you have yourself the recipe for perfect scenic photography.
September 21, 2023
Fly into Venice Marco Polo International Airport (VCE) in Venice arriving sometime during late afternoon or early evening. We meet at 6pm in the evening at the designated hotel in Venice, Italy.
September 22-23, 2023
These two days will be spent photographing the highlights of the historic and unique city of Venice, Italy. Most of the photo sites in Venice are within a compact area and walking is the best way to see and capture compelling images, but we’ll also make use of the water buses which travel everywhere. There are no cars or land buses in Venice.
September 24, 2023
On the 24th of September we’ll travel by comfortable van to the Dolomites region, where we’ll be based in Castelrotto, a charming and very German-feeling village in the heart of the Dolomites. We spend 3 nights at a wonderful bed and breakfast in Castelrotto. Welcome dinner at the hotel this evening is included.
September 25-26, 2023
Each day from the 25th till the 26th of September we’ll get out early into the surrounding mountains for magic light photography. After the morning photo session we’ll return to the hotel each day for breakfast. During mid-day, there will be free time on your own to explore, dine out, taste local foods, do more photography or simply relax as you wish. We’ll then go as a group to another one of my favorite destinations somewhere in the mountains each evening in order to capture the magic light on the landscape which occurs around sunset.
September 27, 2023
After our breakfast on the 27th we’ll drive to our second Dolomites location, the Lake Misurina area. Here our hotel is nestled lakeside and great photography can be found right along the lake. Check-in, get settled and explore the lake area a bit.
September 28-30, 2023
Each day from September 28-30th we’ll get out early into the surrounding mountains for magic light photography. After the morning photo session we’ll return to the hotel each day for breakfast. During mid-day, there will be free time on your own to explore, dine out, taste local foods, do more photography or simply relax as you wish. We’ll then go as a group to another one of my favorite destinations somewhere in the mountains each evening in order to capture the magic light on the landscape which occurs around sunset.
October 1, 2023
On the last day the tour ends back in Venice at the Marco Polo airport at about noon. Fly home this day after 3-4pm.
- 9 nights accommodations* as follows – 3 nights Venice, 3 nights Castelrotto, 3 nights Lake Misurina.
- Required water taxi transportation in Venice.
- All ground transportation in comfortable van during Dolomites portion of the tour.
- Daily breakfast during Dolomites portion of the tour.
- Welcome dinner with welcome drink once we arrive in Castelrotto.
- Entry fees into required photography sites such as viewing towers, cable cars etc.
- Sunrise and sunset photo sessions.
- Group and/or one-on-one critique and photo sharing sessions.
- In-depth photo instruction and leadership from a professional photographer.
- Tons of fun and a true small group tour with a maximum of 6 participants.
*Accommodations/tour prices are based on double occupancy. For those not traveling as a couple or with a friend, the single supplement will apply.
- Air fare from your hometown to Venice, Italy and return (airport code VCE).
- Airport transfer upon arrival in Venice (fixed price of Euro 30).
- Meals except as noted above.
- Passport or visa fees (visas are not required for citizens of USA or Canada).
- Travel insurance.
- Gifts and items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry etc.