Green River Canoeing & Camping Adventure Photo Tour
October 9-15, 2023
Outdoor Photography Adventure
This is an adventure trip for those seeking to paddle a canoe, photograph, camp out under the stars, eat well, sit around a campfire and be completely away from civilization for a few days. We’ll happily do without cell phones, traffic, the internet and the ‘background noise’ that sometimes fills our lives. We’ll photograph the gorgeous canyon and its river all day, every day and fall asleep under a billion stars each night.
This adventure trip is very different from all my other tours – we’ll camp out in tents. We’ll have 2 nights in a hotel in Grand Junction, Colorado (1 before and 1 after the river trip), and 4 nights in tents along the Green River in Utah. All meals while on the river are included and will be prepared by our river guide(s) and all necessary camping/sleeping/canoeing equipment is provided. We’ll be professionally guided while on the river by Breakwater Expeditions – consummate professionals in the outfitting business.
October 9, 2023
Arrive at the designated hotel in Grand Junction, Colorado anytime this afternoon or evening. We have a group meeting at 6pm to cover a meet and greet, tour logistics, etc. Those flying will want to fly into Grand Junction Regional Airport (airport code GJT), arriving anytime before 6pm on the 9th. Our designated hotel is the Grand Vista Hotel just about 2 minutes from the Grand Junction airport. A free shuttle service is available from the airport to the hotel. Those driving can leave their personal vehicle at the hotel ($12/night), as we’ll travel together with the canoes to the river.
October 10, 2023
Breakfast at hotel (not included), check out of hotel and travel about 2 hours to the put-in at the river. Begin our float/paddle on the Green River.
October 10-14, 2023
We will paddle the Labyrinth Canyon section of the Green River for the next 5 days and 4 nights.
• We will paddle expedition style (17- 21 ft.) canoes on the Green River. We will cover a distance of 47 miles in 5 days. Entire river is flat – Class I – there is no whitewater.
• We will move camp each day. Guide(s) will cook and serve all meals.
• Endless photography opportunities plus daily theme and intentional conversation.
The day of the 14th will find us at the river take-out at Mineral Bottoms.
We’ll then drive back to Grand Junction and spend the final night at the Grand Vista Hotel.
October 15, 2023
Fly (or drive) home this day. Those flying home from GJT airport will want to book a return flight anytime on the 15th.
- 6 nights accommodations as follows – 2 nights hotel grand Junction, 4 nights in tents.*
- All meals except for first and last night’s dinner and first and last morning breakfasts at the hotel.
- All canoeing and camping equipment.
- In-depth photo instruction and leadership from a professional photographer and area expert.
- The advantage of traveling with a like-minded, small photo group who doesn’t mind waiting in order to get the best photos.
- True small group (maximum of 6) which facilitates even more learning and inspiration.
- Tons of fun!
- Flights (or ground transportation) to the Grand Junction starting point.
- First and last night dinners and first and last morning breakfasts at the hotel.
- Travel insurance.