Tuscany Italy Photo Tour
May 9-18, 2023
The light and the landscape of the Tuscany region in Italy simply has to be experienced to be believed. If ever there was a perfect place to be a photographer, Tuscany is it. Golden light streaks across the horizon, making the endless rows of grapevines, fruit trees, and fields of flowers glow with an incredible warmth.
Ancient hilltowns, perfect Italian villas, tiny chapels and huge farmhouses are nestled below rolling hills, and blue skies are filled with puffy clouds. Colors, patterns, shapes and textures almost beg to be photographed. Each unique hilltown, rich in culture and full of friendly, welcoming locals will be calling out to us as we travel through Tuscany…and we’ll photograph it all.
May 9, 2023
Fly into Peretola International Airport (FLR) in Florence arriving sometime during late afternoon or early evening. We meet at 6pm in the evening at the designated hotel in Florence, Italy.
May 10-12, 2023
The next two full, and one half days will be spent photographing the highlights of the historic and beautiful capital of Tuscany – Florence. Most of the photo sites in Florence are within a compact area and walking is the best way to see and capture compelling images, so we won’t have (or need) a vehicle in Florence. Buses and taxis are always available if you simply don’t want to walk.
May 12, 2023
On the 12th we’ll travel by comfortable van to southeastern Tuscany, where we’ll be based in Pienza, a charming hilltown in the heart of the most picturesque region in all of Tuscany. We spend 6 nights at a wonderful Bed and Breakfast in Pienza. Welcome dinner at my favorite restaurant in Pienza this evening with local wine is included.
May 13-17, 2023
Each day from the 13th through the 17th we’ll get out early into the surrounding countryside for magic light photography. After the morning photo session we’ll return to Pienza each day for breakfast. During mid-day, there will be free time on your own to explore, dine out, taste cheese or wine, do more photography or simply relax as you wish. We’ll then go as a group to another one of my favorite destinations somewhere in the countryside each evening in order to capture the magic light on the landscape which occurs around sunset.
May 18, 2023
On May 18th the tour ends back in Florence at the Peretola airport at about noon. Fly home this day after 4pm.
- 9 nights accommodations* as follows – 3 nights Florence, 6 nights Pienza.
- Required taxi transportation in Florence.
- All ground transportation in comfortable van during Pienza portion of the tour.
- Welcome dinner with local wine once we arrive in Pienza.
- Winery tour and photography in private vineyard and wine cellar.
- Entry fees into required photography sites.
- Sunrise and sunset photo sessions.
- Group and/or one-on-one critique and photo sharing sessions.
- In-depth photo instruction and leadership from a professional photographer.
- Tons of fun and a true small group tour with a maximum of 6 participants.
*Accommodations/tour prices are based on double occupancy. For those not traveling as a couple or with a friend, the single supplement will apply.
- Air fare from your hometown to Florence, Italy and return (airport code FLR).
- Airport transfer upon arrival in Florence (fixed price of Euro 25-30, depending on time and number of bags).
- Meals except as noted above.
- Passport or visa fees.
- Travel insurance.
- Gifts and items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry etc.